Legal market analysts and geeks can gorge on a feast of facts and figures thrown up by the latest report from The Lawyer on the state of the law firm market.
A few tasters:
- The top 200 firms in the UK legal market last year generated a total revenue of £20.546 billion, a 1.9% increase on 2013/14
- The lower half of the top 200, primarily domestic-focused and SME-dominated firms, makes up a market worth £1.308 billion
- The top 100 firms generated a total revenue of £19.241 billion – a 2.04% rise on 2013/14
- Total lawyer numbers in the top 100 firms grew from 41,173 in 2010/11 to 52,629 in 2014
- The average size of a firm in total lawyer numbers has grown over the past five years from 412 to 526
The top 10 firms by revenue:
And plenty more from The Lawyer.