Recognition and Awards Coordinator
New York, Washington, Cleveland, or Chicago
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Working as part of a global team of business development professionals, and reporting to Jones Day’s Manager of Recognition & Awards, the Coordinator will support all aspects of creating, developing, and facilitating the completion of submissions to targeted lawyer directories (such as Chambers and Legal 500), as well as select lists, rankings, and awards published by varying news organizations and other publications deemed of value to the Firm.
The Coordinator is responsible for improving the standardization of submissions that communicate the Firm’s capabilities with the objective of increasing the rankings, visibility, and recognition earned for the Firm and its lawyers; tracking, organizing, and maintaining a global calendar of deadlines related to submissions for legal directories and awards, as well as coordinating interviews and drafting biography updates; ensuring editorial integrity and quality in lawyer directory submissions – consistent with best practices — to optimize rankings and; analyzing results, performance, year-on-year trends, and communicating the results for internal and external audiences as applicable.
- Four-year college degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or English. Advanced degree (MBA, MA, MS, JD) a plus
- Experience developing and producing submissions to Chambers and Legal 500 lawyer directories and other publishers’ list and award rankings
- Experience in a legal directory environment in a research or editorial capacity, and/or within a legal or professional services environment working with practices in a business development, marketing, or communications capacity
- Ability to craft propositions and write compelling stories
- Strong deadline orientation: an ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment
Leave a Reply