Need help preparing, reviewing, or editing your submissions?
Not getting the rankings you deserve?
Confused by all the surveys and awards out there?
Unsure how to position your practice?
Or do you have a query about the directory research process.
I can help.
My focus is everything to do with legal directories.
I help law firms raise their profile among the range of organizations that rank, analyze, measure and write about lawyers – directories, listings, surveys, awards, and publications. And all related media and communications issues.
I love to work with lawyers to identify the interesting features, strengths and characteristics of their practices.
And then present them effectively and persuasively to the relevant directories and publications.
Some of the things I do:
- Prepare submissions for the key legal directories, awards, and surveys
- Review and edit existing submissions
- Templates to improve the structure and clarity of submissions
- Resources to help with all aspects of a directories program
- Clear guidance on which directories, surveys, websites and publications to focus on
- Advice on where to spend advertising dollars
Training & Development
- Presentations and Q+A sessions on effective legal directories management
- Project management training for law firm marketing teams
- Pre-interview lawyer coaching and preparation
- Post-interview follow-up
- Organize law firm marketing departments to manage a firm-wide directories program
- Development of legal directories intranet sites
- Analysis of directory results
- Benchmarking reports and comparisons with competitors
- Clear summaries and analysis of directory performance
- Performance write-ups for external and internal use
- Clear, responsive advice on any legal directory, survey, or publication-related query
- Keeping you abreast of news, changes and developments in the directory world
- International service to clients in every time zone
- Directories work is my focus, but I also offer expertise and experience in related areas of legal marketing such as external and internal communications; benchmarking reports and competitor analysis; and copy for websites, biographies, brochures and newsletters.
Since 2008 I have advised more than 150 law firms and 2,000 lawyers in 80 countries in almost every legal practice area.
Clients range from global firms, international firms, and full-service national practices to specialist boutiques, sole practitioners, start-up firms, and barristers’ chambers.